Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 22:15:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Command not found.

Hi,  if anybody could answer this i would appreciate it.  When I install
something from the ports, I can verify that the executeable is in
/usr/local/bin  and that /usr/local/bin is in my path.  But I still get
Command not found error.
	I happened to remember that rehash fixed that and it did, but the
manpage for rehash wasn't helpful (it sent me to builtin).  I'm using csh.
Why do i have to run rehash to allow the command to be found even though
it is in the correct place?  Thanks,

					Tim

btw I'm running 4.1.1 release.