Date:      Thu, 06 Aug 2009 08:45:39 +0200
From:      Vitezslav Novy <vnovy@vnovy.net>
To:        alexpalias-bsdstable@yahoo.com, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: em driver input errors

alexpalias-bsdstable@yahoo.com wrote:
> --- On Wed, 8/5/09, Vitezslav Novy <vnovy@vnovy.net> wrote:
>
>> I had similar problem with bsnmpd +
>> mibII module running.
>>

> Thanks for the pointer.  Did you find a solution to this problem?

No. Just stopped bsnmpd.

> Maybe I should try switching to net-snmpd or some other snmpd?

I used net-snmpd before, but I was not able to use HC_* counters. If I
understand situation, bsnmpd creates 64bit counters from system 32 bit
counters, but net-snmpd does not. (Maybe I'm wrong).

I think, it can be problem with lock on interface statistics or sysctl
tree. Bsnmpd reads sysctl  net.link.generic.ifdata.<ifindex>.general
Netstat doesn't use this call and makes no problem.

v.