Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 2014 16:20:00 +0100
From:      Milan Obuch <freebsd-mips@dino.sk>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I (think) the AR8327 switch support now works

On Sat, 1 Mar 2014 14:36:07 +0100
Milan Obuch <freebsd-mips@dino.sk> wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Mar 2014 02:06:49 -0800
> Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think I just figured out the last bits of missing magic to get the
> > AR8327 to work out of the box. VLANs just plain don't work yet, so
> > don't ask me about that. Also if port 6 is hooked up to anything (it
> > isn't on my DB120) then please let me know; I'd really like to debug
> > that particular support.
> >
> > But, I'm now using my DB120 development board (AR9344, dual-band
> > wifi and AR8327 switch) as an AP. I'll move to using it as my day
> > to day access point and see what happens.
> >
> > Next - those mikrotik boards. And maybe Sean's DIR-825 rev C1.
> >

> > -a
> >

> Hi,
>
> I am still not able to get ethernet working on Routerboard 2011L... I
> did a fresh recompile with current HEAD sources, but neither AR8327
> nor AR8227 switch chip is recognised and properly initialised. My
> setup is basically the same as in message sent in December 8, 2013 -
> see
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mips/2013-December/003182.html
> although I experiment with various hints and configs, but based on
> DB120 used as a reference point. It looks like something's
> different...

Small, not too relevant 'success' - I was not able to build OpenWrt for
this board myself, every attempt failed, but today I found an image
built freshly enough to work with 2011L, so I have something to play
with, not only original RouterOS, where everything is hidden and you do
not see any interesting boot message etc.

This does not bring me further, just shows something could be done...

Milan