Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 2013 17:18:50 -0500
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pfg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        toolchain@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   [CFT] Experimental gcc update

Hi;

Apparently Google has an enhanced gcc distribution for Android [1] and I
found a series of interesting patches there. Most of the patches are
backports of patches produced by Google employees and submitted to the
FSF. The license hasn't been changed from the GPLv2.

While gcc doesn't have much a future in base, improving our old compiler
is still good for some tier-2 platforms and for 9.x.

The readme file was very useful to dig some GCC pre-4.3  bug reports and
patches that have already been committed to -current. The remaining
changes are here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~pfg/patches/gcc/gcc-google.patch

My kernel survived the initial round of testing but I have no hurry to
commit it so more testers are welcome.

Regards,

Pedro.

[1] https://android.googlesource.com/toolchain/gcc/+/master/gcc-4.2.1/