Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 1998 20:24:19 -0400
From:      Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   A GUI greyscale interface by default

I was discuting with a friends who is a good hackers on the "Why Win95".

The main reason I was saying was: There is no default GUI interface
Well, he reply than there was Xfree86.  Well, its not default and it
take a lot of memory, specially with KDE :-).

So I ask him on IRC "Can we do a very *basic* GUI interface, who is
implemented in the code of FreeBSD, who use mouse and who is in
*greyscale* or *black/white*.  Like when you log, FreeBSD ask "load GUI
Y/N".  Well, he reply: "Unix need it" and:

*** K-log has quit IRC (porting W)

I have thinked to that when I look around *moused* and when I read about
a 1986 (I think) NeXT product: A 21" monitor greyscale with a fuly GUI
interface.  I think it was sold more than 15 000 $!

10 year after that, Unix have no basic fast GUI interface...
Well, maybe other Unix, I dont know

cya
Malartre