Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 1998 14:44:08 +0100
From:      Gary Hall <gary.hall@mcg-graphics.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Setting up X-Windows

I am having problems running xf86config for xfree86. We cannot find the
answer on the web site so I wonder if anyone else can help. We have an
SIS6326 AGP video card but when we run the setup we cannot see our video
card in the list so we choose a similar one. When we try to run XWindows
all we get is a 300 x 200 display, although we have selected 800 x 600
at 16 bpp. If we try and specify a switch when starting xwindows (ie.
startx -- -bpp16 we get the error "SVGA: PCI: SISunknown chipset
(0x6326) rev 195. It then says SVGA chipset generic, SVGA video ram 64k
and SVGA clocks 25.18 and SVGA: 16bpp not supported for this chipset
(but we know it is, as it is a new 4MB card).

Does anyone have any suggestions for us ?

Thanks