Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 1996 09:41:26 -0700
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
To:        "Amir Y. Rosenblatt" <amir@neuron.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, amir@garpac.com
Subject:   Re: A new twist on the reboot problems

>Nope -- it's gone.  Last night the thing started making those clicking
>noises again and constantly rebooting.  I took it down for a bit, brought
>it up and it had trouble even getting sd0 to start up.  The clicking
>sounded like it could have been a breaker or something -- every time I
>heard it, the disk would cut out for a few seconds and then start back up
>again.  All my errors have been on sd0 which leads me to believe that
>either my power supply or that disk is hosed.  I have a spare 'cuda on
>hand which I'll be installing shortly to see if that's the problem.

I would definitely say that it's either a dying power supply, or a
dying hard drive (having trouble spinning up).

Either way, I'm pretty positive you're seeing bad hardware somewhere
if you're getting this many crashes.

   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.