Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 1996 21:25:57 -0700
From:      "M.R.Murphy" <mrm@Mole.ORG>
To:        julian@whistle.com, tom@sdf.com
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org, julian@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I have 2 patches

> The patches to inetd are not extensive. I'd rather
> run with the standard item than have to introduce
> an external item into our product..
> If you lookat the patch, and still think that it is too  large
> then I'd be surprised..
>
> The patches to inetd are not extensive. I'd rather
> run with the standard item than have to introduce
> an external item into our product..
> If you lookat the patch, and still think that it is too  large
> then I'd be surprised..
>
> The patches to inetd are not extensive. I'd rather
> run with the standard item than have to introduce
> an external item into our product..

Wouldn't we all :-)

> If you lookat the patch, and still think that it is too  large
> then I'd be surprised..
>
> It makes quite a difference to the work we need to do

It means a security audit of the changes for us. I've no opinion
yet on the changes; I haven't examined them in detail. They look
short enough to evaluate pretty quickly.

I _really_ appreciate that Julian asked before just blasting away. Thanks.

I'll also add that initially it looks like all of the functionality can
be achieved with TIS FWTK without changing inetd or ftpd. And more :-)

--
Mike Murphy  mrm@Mole.ORG  +1 619 598 5874
Better is the enemy of Good