Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 1996 10:47:45 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jdw@wwwi.com (Jeffrey D. Wheelhouse)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IP bugs in FreeBSD 2.1.5

Jeffrey D. Wheelhouse stands accused of saying:

> I guess -current is getting awfully far ahead of -stable.  Which is
> natural, since it's moving and -stable isn't.  Maybe I'm the only one
> that's starting to feel left behind, like -stable's been unhooked
> from the FreeBSD train (partially because it was slowing the train down).

The -stable banner was _very_ prominently offered to any one or group who
wanted to carry it forward, and there were lots of "we would love you if
you did" noises from people at the thought.

But nobody has taken it up.  Does -stable matter to you?  Do you or your
business want to see -stable move forwards?  THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Nothing will happen if nobody makes it happen.  FreeBSD has to go
somewhere, and 2.2 is where.  The people that are doing the going are
headed that way, so if -stable is to continue at all, it needs someone
else to look out for it.