Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 2014 11:48:52 +0100
From:      Gerrit =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FChn?= <gerrit.kuehn@aei.mpg.de>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   igb Could not setup receive structures (again)

Hi all,

I get the error message above when trying to go for jumbo frames (mtu
9000) on a system here. I found a lot of comments on this, but they all
state that this is due to a too low setting for mbufs in FreeBSD8/9
settings.
However, I have 10-stable here, and the settings look rather high to me:

kern.ipc.nmbclusters: 1014856
kern.ipc.maxmbufmem: 8313700352
kern.ipc.nmbufs: 6495090
kern.ipc.nmbjumbop: 507428
kern.ipc.nmbjumbo9: 451047
kern.ipc.nmbjumbo16: 338284

FreeBSD mclane 10.0-STABLE FreeBSD 10.0-STABLE #5 r261710: Mon Feb 10 16:55:29 CET 2014 root@mclane.rt.aei.uni-hannover.de:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

Is this still too low? I have a 6core machine with 6 igb interfaces, and I cannot even get one of these set to mtu 9000 without getting "Could not setup receive structures".

cu
  Gerrit