Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:39:00 +0100
From:      Markus Gebert <markus.gebert@hostpoint.ch>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: thread taskq / unp_gc() using 100% cpu and stalling unix socket IPC

On 14.11.2012, at 02:12, Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Oh lordie, just hack the kernel to make IP_BINDANY usable by any uid,
> not just root.
>=20
> I was hoping that capabilitiies would actually be useful these days,
> but apparently not. :(
>=20
> Then you can stop this FD exchange nonsense and this problem should go =
away. :)

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll probably do that regardless of a fix to =
the unp_gc problem, because it's indeed unnecessary overhead in our =
scenario. Still that's a workaround you most probably don't want if you =
have untrusted users on the system or you end up hacking in something =
comparable to security.mac.seeotheruids.specificgid.

Markus