Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 1997 12:06:44 -0400
From:      dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@tri-lakes.net>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        "Gary D. Margiotta" <gary@tbe.net>, Cliff Addy <fbsdlist@federation.addy.com>, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: T1 upgrade options?

At 09:54 PM 7/9/97 +0000, Chris Dillon wrote:
>Nate Williams wrote:
>>
>> > In Nate's position where he is in a small office and doesn't need the
>> > added functions of the Cisco, it is a great idea for hime to build his
>> > own.

I would guess the 99% of cisco users are using less than 1% if its
"functions".
In the old days (when many routers were just black and white, relatively
featureless boxes), they'd sell by telling the clueless managers that they
"gotta have" all these "features", when in reality most people just
route packets. Many of the "features" didnt even work, or worked very
poorly....now they are playing the "dedicated hardware" game, and people
just eat it up....I've never seen so many *supposedly* savvy people so
easily brainwashed.

Dennis