Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 2010 05:52:14 -0800
From:      FW <forkandwait@gmail.com>
To:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@missouri.edu>
Cc:        "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Problems with freebsd octave-forge ports?

> I am the maintainer of the octave-forge ports. =A0If you can send me some
> diagnostics, I will be happy to work on this problem.

Hi Stephen,

I am not sure what you would like exactly for diagnostics, but if you
do what I said in my email, you should see cartprod and textread
disappear as you install io and linear-algebra respectively. Maybe the
default paths are getting messed with? I have somewhat inconsistent
results, though.  That said, I am going to give you a scatter shot
bunch of info.

Oh -- I am running a vanilla CURRENT 8.0, tracking current everything.

The following is from after installing both linear algebra and io.

wsprague@ wsprague (0,0,100%) $ find /usr/local/share/octave/ -iname '*cart=
*'
/usr/local/share/octave/3.2.4/m/general/cart2pol.m
/usr/local/share/octave/3.2.4/m/general/cart2sph.m
/usr/local/share/octave/3.2.4/m/general/pol2cart.m
/usr/local/share/octave/3.2.4/m/general/sph2cart.m
/usr/local/share/octave/packages/linear-algebra-1.0.8/cartprod.m
wsprague@ wsprague (0,0,100%) $ find /usr/local/share/octave/ -iname '*text=
r*'

wsprague@ wsprague (0,1,100%) $ ls /usr/local/share/octave/packages/io-1.0.=
9
append_save.m   csvwrite.m      doc-cache       packinfo
csvread.m       dlmwrite.m      fexist.m        xlsread.m

However, ... I am able to run textread, as

octave-3.2.4:2> help textread
`textread' is a function from the file
/usr/local/libexec/octave/packages/io-1.0.9/i386-portbld-freebsd8.0-api-v37=
/textread.oct

but in the above listing of io-1.0.9 from bash, I don't see that directory.=

Let me know what else I can do, and thanks!