Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:10:57 -1000
From:      Gary Dunn <gdunng@mac.com>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OT: Culture (Was: BSD toques - You must be Canadian, Eh?)

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Mike Meyer wrote:
> Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu> types:
> > Yeah we just call those winter hats.  But since there's a lot of winter in
> > Canada I suppose it makes sense to have a cool name for them.  Living in
> > Michigan, my mom born in Canada, and working with a lot of Canadian
> > friends (I can even tell the difference between a British Columbia accent
> > and a Saskatchewan one), I'm surprised I'd never heard the term.
> > I'm sure if anybody lobbied for anythng that would sell they' put em on
> > freebsdmall
>
> Winter? You mean that stuff they keep up in the mountains? No, that's
> snow.

What's really weird is that kids over here (Honolulu) wear these hats just
because they look "kewel"  even though it's 80 F. outside and the nearest snow
is three thousand miles away. Slaves to fashion.

> Does no one remember SCTV and Great White North? To bad.
I am old enough to remember SCTV, and old enough to forget what was on it. What
did you say your name was? What group is this? Free bondage and discipline? If
only I were young ...

--
 == Gary Dunn
 == Honolulu