Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 15:39:34 -0400
From:      System Administrator <admin@chemcomp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tar bug???

Hello!

I was about to submit a PR when a doubt crossed my mind. Is this a bug
or a "feature"?

$ tar -f /home/backup/arch.tar -A -v -C /net /net/basil
tar: Segmentation fault
$

Curiously, no core is dumped, so I cannot really debug (?) the problem.
How could I? Why isn't there a core anyways?

Again, strangely:

$ tar -f /home/backup/arch.tar -c -v -C /net /net/basil
tar: Removing leading / from absolute path names in the archive.
$ tar ft /home/backup/arch.tar
net/basil
$ tar -f /home/backup/arch.tar -A -v -C /net /net/basil
tar: Segmentation fault
$

What am I missing here?

FreeBSD sky.chemcomp.com 4.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE #7: Tue Jun 27
16:42:57 EDT 2000     root@sky.chemcomp.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/SKY
i386

$ tar --version
GNU tar version 1.11.2