Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 09:58:26 +0800
From:      Ray Smith <R.Smith@cms.uwa.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NetMAX and FreeBSD upgrade

Hi all,

I have been running NetMAX as a Web, File and print server for a department
for the past 18 months.It is using FreeBSD 3.3 as its operating system. The
NetMAX products are no longer supporting FreeBSD, and I'm starting to get a
little worried about not being able to upgrade the operating system. I have
been told by the NetMAX people that I cannot upgrade the OS, does anyone
know if this is true or not?  I still like the web interface, but would be
happy to not use it if it meant that I can keep my OS up to date (just me
being lazy). I just don't want to loose all the current settings, and have
to rebuild from scratch.

I'm running the following via NetMAX:

Web Server, FTP server, mail server, windows file server, MacIntosh file
server, print server.

I must admit that I only used the product to get the server up and running
quickly, and am starting to regret it now. I would like people's input on
what I should do next.

Cheers.
Ray.

-----
Ray Smith
Centre for Musculoskeletal Studies
Department of Surgery
University of Western Australia
Royal Perth Hospital
Medical Research Foundation Bldg
Rear 50 Murray St, Perth, Western Australia, 6000
Ph:     +61 8 9224 0307
Fax:    +61 8 9224 0204
Email:  R.Smith@cms.uwa.edu.au