Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:27:05 -0500
From:      jason <jason@ec.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-docs@freebsd.org
Subject:   a section for cd access as a regular user.

I didn't see a section in the handbook on setting up a new group to
facilitate using and burning cds as a normal user.  Could there be one
added to the handbook so everyone would be able too without google?

Here is what I do to use the cd as a non root user.

I added a group called cd_access that could access and mount drives(cd
drives only I think) and made my self a group member. I set
vfs.usermount=1 under sysctl.config.  I added

own    /dev/acd0    root:cd_access
perm    /dev/acd0    0770

to devfs.conf.

I'm not on the list so cc me, but I will still try to check the archives
for replies too.