Date:      Fri, 22 May 1998 11:28:42 -0500
From:      Anthony Kim <tkim@mcs.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP Scripting Advice

Hey Folks,
Two questions.

I use the following dial up script for ppp:

#!/bin/sh
pppd /dev/cuaa0 115200 connect 'chat -f /etc/ppp/dial.chat' &

How would I configure it to echo something like
Connection completed. Your IP address is: $$

2nd question:
I run the following to kill pppd:
#!/bin/sh
echo "Killing pppd, please wait."
cat /var/run/ppp0.pid | xargs kill

It works fine except I have the feeling that I'm missing
something here. It seems too easy. netstat -rn and ifconfig -a
show the kill is complete and everything is flushed. If anyone
has a good script, I'd love to hear it.

rgds,
Anthony
--
Fingerprint: 	2CDE 798E 4140 332C 72D9  0F57 B786 DA9B CBC3 4592
"The conclusion I have reached is that reading is an operation