Date:      Fri, 13 Mar 1998 18:56:18 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Yet another long overdue item

Conrad Sabatier:
 |Well, I *finally* got around to upgrading to the latest version (0.4.2c)
 |of the AWE driver under 2.2-STABLE, and I'm extremely pleased to report
 |that it does indeed now recognize all 24 megs of my soundcard's memory.
 |Yay!  The 8 meg soundfont sounds great!
 |
 |Thought you might like to know.  :-)

 |awe0: <SoundBlaster EMU8000 MIDI (RAM24576k)>   <-- (Wheee!)

Yeah, that's great!  I'm jealous (just got 2 Meg in mine).  Have to grab me
a couple big'n'cheap 30-pin SIMMs at the Dayton ComputerFest coming up.

 |Now, on to upgrading the AWE apps, too.  :-)

Cool.  Wouldn't think there'd be too much there for the previously ported
stuff. A few new includes or so.

Speaking of AWE apps, I saw this fly by on the AWEDRV mailing list
recently.  Sounds kinda cool, but I haven't tried it yet.  If you get there
before I do, I'd be interested in what you think of it.

Thanks,

Randall