Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 1997 01:51:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dmitry Kohmanyuk <dk@dog.farm.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dhcp client for freebsd?

In article <18630.880944878@time.cdrom.com> you wrote:
> > Has anyone done or started work on a DHCP client for FreeBSD?  I noticed that
> > there's one for Linux now (dhcpdc-0.70)...?

> There are numerous ones for FreeBSD, not least of which being the one
> from the WIDE project which has been around for ages, but I also
> noticed that a client is in the NetBSD sources and would probably
> be easy to bring across on account of the fact that it's already
> conveniently bmake'd and all. :-)

There is also a dhcp client in newest development snapshot of isc-dhcp,
available at ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/dhcp/dhcp-971122.tar.gz

client scripts are provided for
bsdos           linux           nextstep
freebsd         netbsd          solaris

Note:  this snapshot release can still have some bugs in server part,
the previous beta (see ports/isc-dhcp/ is considered more stable.)

--
"Typically, I don't use JAVA -- I think that strong typing
is for weak minds (and lazy compiler/interpreter writers)." -- Terry Lambert