Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:33:23 -0800
From:      Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   natd trouble-shooting - how?

So the arp message problem is fixed but natd is still
broken. Here is my setup:
natd.conf -
use_sockets yes
port 8668
alias 208.194.173.26
interface ep1
redirect_port tcp 192.168.1.14:http 0:0 http

rc.firewall natd section -
case ${firewall_type} in
	[Yy][Ee][Ss]etc etc
	case ${natd_enable} in
		[Yy][Ee]etc etc
		if [ -n "{$natd_interface}"]; then
		${fwcmd} add 50 divert natd all from any to any
				via ${natd_interface}
		fi
		;;
	esac
esac
I can ping both nics in the box from anywhere on my network,
the web server nic also answers a ping.
The web server (at 192.168.1.14) is running and loads the
web pages when called by ipaddress from inside my network.
Top shows natd is running.
hmm, am I forgetting anything?
When I hit my web site on the public isp (www.wiegand.org),
it redirects to my home web server, above, whence the natd
redirect.
But the natd redirect is not working. If you hit my web site
you will get a time out when it tries to connect to my web
server.
natd does not redirect.
My question - how do I trouble shoot this from inside the
network?

--
Chip Wiegand
Alternative Operating Systems