Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 11:21:31 -0600
From:      Drew Sanford <drew@planetwe.com>
To:        "Rieck II, David" <rieck@brodart.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SMP-GENERIC

You should be able to edit /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC ( would cp
GENERIC SMP or something of that sort first, then edit SMP ) and find:

# To make an SMP kernel, the next two are needed
#options        SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
#options        APIC_IO                 # Symmetric (APIC) I/O

Those three lines. Uncomment the last two, and then config SMP and do
the compile thing.

--
Drew Sanford
Systems Administrator