Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2002 15:40:59 -0800
From:      "Mark Hepp" <tarokun@earthlink.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   providing screenshots

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C1B249.569497A0

Hello all,

I would like to possibly simplify the process of installations and post =
the results through screenshots. my idea is this - provide screenshots =
of the appropriate stages and what I choose that worked for my systems =
in order to provide a visual walkthrough. I am extremely visual when it =
comes to learning and after 30 or so attemps i finally succeed in =
installing what i wanted and got a fully functionning system.
I can fully understand that feeling of utter frustration and anger when =
reading from a book, web, whatever and feeling completely in the dark - =
only to hours later wipe an entire HDD or blow the install and spend =
what is usually countless hours of re-installs only to make similar =
mistakes.
The questions-
I am assuming the gifs? of the install selection screens are on the cd - =
yes?  Where are they? I know they are in the handbook which if choosen =
is installed with the os, can I find them anywhere else?
Through reading posts, the handbook, bsd sites I found the choices that =
were nessasary to install say, dhcp a nic or the info pages or the like =
were not in intuitive places (naturally, my own opinion ;-)) but were in =
extra packages or something similar.

Has anyone else thought along similar lines? I am a newbie but perhaps =
there would be a way to make a walkthrough for the install impared (like =
myself), a collection of screenshots for the most crucial points and =
perhaps a listing of what one would find in a particular offshoot from =
the main /stand/sysinstall screen.
I would like to help and further my own knowledge. Please provide some =
feedback
Thanks,
Mark      =20

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C1B249.569497A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello all,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I would like to possibly simplify the =
process of=20
installations and post the results through screenshots. my idea is this =
-=20
provide screenshots of the appropriate stages and what&nbsp;I choose =
that worked=20
for my systems in order to provide a visual walkthrough. I am extremely =
visual=20
when it comes to learning and after 30 or so attemps i finally succeed =
in=20
installing what i wanted and got a fully functionning =
system.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I can fully understand that feeling of =
utter=20
frustration and anger when reading from a book, web, whatever and =
feeling=20
completely in the dark - only to hours later wipe&nbsp;an =
entire&nbsp;HDD or=20
blow the install and spend what is usually countless hours of =
re-installs only=20
to make similar mistakes.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The questions-</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am assuming the gifs? of the install =
selection=20
screens are on the cd - yes?&nbsp; Where are they? I know they are in =
the=20
handbook which if choosen is installed with the os, can I find them =
anywhere=20
else?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Through reading posts, the handbook, =
bsd sites I=20
found the choices that were nessasary to install say, dhcp&nbsp;a nic or =
the=20
info pages or the like were not in&nbsp;intuitive places (naturally, my =
own=20
opinion ;-))&nbsp;but were in extra packages or something =
similar.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Has anyone else thought along similar =
lines? I am a=20
newbie but perhaps there would be a way to make a walkthrough for=20
the&nbsp;install impared (like myself), a collection of =
screenshots&nbsp;for the=20
most crucial points and perhaps a listing of what one would find in a =
particular=20
offshoot from the main /stand/sysinstall screen.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I would like to help and further my own =
knowledge.=20
Please&nbsp;provide some feedback</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>Mark&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV></BOD=