Date:      Sun, 3 May 1998 01:00:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@insomnia.norden1.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ppp.conf

set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" ATZ OK-AT-OK ATZ
OK-AT-OK AT&F1 OK-AT-OK \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 20 CONNECT"
norden1.com
  set phone 3246673
  set login "TIMEOUT 10 gin:-BREAK-gin:-BREAK-gin: insomnia word: XXXXXX"
  set redial 5 5
  set timeout 600
  set ifaddr 192.153.35.136 192.153.35.4
  delete ALL
  add 0 0 HISADDR
  set openmode active

The above is a snippit from my ppp.conf file.  I was wondering if there
were a way to have it break and redial if the link was not started X
seconds after the dial?

Occasionally, the login name and passwd are sent, but I am not
authenticated.  (The server, to be updated very soon, just get's too
loaded down to start the session).  Anyhow, when this happens, I'd like
the script to wait a few seconds and then redial.  Is this possible?

Thanks,
Jim