Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 1996 03:30:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   Re: gnu/1707: mkisofs gets signal 6 if some options are not supplied

The following reply was made to PR gnu/1707; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To: ost@comnets.rwth-aachen.de
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 11:59:26 +0200 (MET DST)

 As Worm Management wrote:

 > mkisofs fails, if certain options are not given.

 That's not what i would call a bug.  The tool is missing several
 parts, and the author deliberately decided to call abort() (via
 assert()) for those parts that are not yet existent.

 Since mkisofs is actually third-party software, and is (to the best of
 my knowledge) not being actively maintained inside FreeBSD, i'd like
 to close the PR again.  There's no use of keeping PRs open for things
 where we know we will never change them ourselves.

 Speak to the original author if you think you've got some contribution
 to the tool that will add the missing pieces.

 --
 cheers, J"org