Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 15:59:35 +0100
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Oliver Cook <ollie@uk.clara.net>
Cc:        Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: open (vfs_syscalls.c:994) && NFS

In message <20010425154034.A38996@mutare.noc.clara.net>, Oliver Cook writes:
>There are three processes stuck in vmopar. I include the backtrace
>of one of these below.

Thanks. That particular process is hanging because nfs_loadattrcache()
has noticed that the file shrunk, but it is not safe in this context
(from vm_fault) to do anything about it.

A workaround for this problem went into 4-stable at the end of last
October, so upgrading to a more recent -stable will stop these
hangs. As noted in the archived -hackers message I mentioned, there
is another related problem that still exists, but it seems to occur
much less frequently.

Ian