Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 19:31:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Christopher W. Aiken" <cwaiken@telerama.com>
To:        David Dooley <dpd@raffles-it.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Colour Printing Question

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, David Dooley wrote:

->Hi,
->
->I have a Epson Photo Stylus 1200 A3 Printer that I would like to use under
->FreeBSD, the question is has anyone else managed to get this or any other
->printer in the Photo Stylus range to work with GhostScript. I can get test
->output just by catting files to the lpt: port but zip nada  with ghostscrpt
->and I have to reset the printer to do anything else. I have tried the Epson
->drivers in Gostscript to no avail.
->
->Any help would be accepted gratefully.
->
->David
->

I have my Epson Stylus Color 740 up and running with 3 queues.
lp=720x720 (normal),  lp1=360x360 (draft),  lp2=1440x720 (photo).

I use "enscript" and "ghostscript".    Send me a "personal"
email and I'll send you my home brew "install/setup" script and
printcap file.

--
Christopher W. Aiken, Scenery Hill, Pa, USA
chris at cwaiken dot com,   www.cwaiken.com