Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 1996 14:00:19 +0000
From:      "Jason Diesel" <jdiesel@dataware.de>
To:        jdiesel@iee.org, dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hard Disk, answers ...

Hi there Doug, thanx for the answer, a bit more detail...

> Did you boot -c and make sure those items are enabled and
> configured properly?
>
> Type -c at the Boot: prompt on startup, then type 'visual' and make sure
> those are not in the disabled area.

In your first mail, you mention the slave and master disks. I had a
lot of problems with this, especially after looking at the conner
home page on the net, and saw that you cannot always add a second HDD
to a system that contains a conner HDD (especially the older ones) so
I removed it, and now only have the one.

I did boot with the -c option, and have tried both the visual
interfaces and the normal one. One thing I did notice, is the "probe"
feature is not in the 2.1.0 release, although the doc says so! I
think that would be a clue. Maybe I should try the 2.0.5 release to
see if it can find my missing things.

However, does anyone know of any problems with these multi I/O cards
causing conflicts and so on? I have a feeling that FreeBSD is trying
to manipulate the card in such a way that it cannot recognise
something, why else would I loose my serial ports only with FreeBSD
booting, but not with DOS.

JAson
Please Note, my new e-mail address:         jdiesel@iee.org
                        Jason Diesel