Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 2010 09:26:44 +0400
From:      Mamontov Roman <mr.xanto@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with ipfw nat and packet to local services

Hello, Ian.

> UDP port 33564 on this box (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) is not redirected to any
> other address:port, and you have specified deny_in (-deny_incoming in
> natd-speak) so, well, you got what you asked for ..

> See the description under -deny_incoming and the explanation of what
> happens to incoming packets under -alias_address in natd(8) .. the nat
> description in ipfw(8) is still a bit thin, so natd(8) is still useful.

> Without deny_in, new inbound packets should be passed to the local
> machine - so you will then need firewall rules to restrict which local
> ports are to be accessible for connections from the outside.

> cheers, Ian

I remove option deny_in from nat configuration. But inbound packets not passed to the
local services.

#ipfw nat show config
ipfw nat 1 config ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

#ipfw show
00035    59     4703 nat 1 log ip from any to any via ext_if1
65000   510    44734 allow ip from any to any
65535 58083 11212917 deny ip from any to any

--
Best regards,
 Mamontov Roman                          mailto:mr.xanto@gmail.com