Date:      Sat, 25 Nov 2000 21:54:33 -0800
From:      "Jeff Smith" <jeffsey@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PLZ help

I have two questions for u.  First of all i am running freeBSD 4.1.1
my question is this.  In my computer room i have the following setup

         2 (ip:10.1.1.2
        /
W---H--G (ip:10.1.1.1 & external ip)
        \
         1 (ip: 10.1.1.3)
-=rj45 wire
W=wall jack
H=hub
G=Gateway(computer running freeBSD 4.1.1
1=home pc running both rh7 and win98
2=home pc running win98

the i have access to an oc3 line via the university and with that a static
ip address.  I have setup the gateway to act as a gateway for computers 1
and 2 using two ethernet cards, ip filtering and the firewall.  My question
is how could i set it up so that computers 1 and 2 could have an ftp site
accessible from the outside world.  The only way now would be to login to
the gateway computer and then use that to get access to the internal
network.  I have heard that you can set it up so that computers 1 and 2 have
a certain port associated with them and that would be how you would route
the request??...i am not really sure if that is worded right.  Anyway please
help me if i have made my problem clear enough and if not please ask me what
is not clear.

Thanks alot for your time