Date:      Sat, 15 Aug 1998 13:39:30 +0600 (KGST)
From:      CyberPsychotic <fygrave@freenet.bishkek.su>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   arp problem

Hello people,
 weird thing has happened here after I played with ethernet wires of my
BSD box abit. (just took them, disconnected, atttached to other network
etc). While the rest of machines here were ok, (linux box) BSD machine
eluminated possible arp problem: it started dumping message " arplookup
for X.X.X.X fialed: host is not in LAN". while the other machines where
fine. Could connect to each other with no problem and only X.X.X.X machine
couldn't connect to my bsd box. It looks like a bug in Inet kernel code to
me, since kernel started sending some other packets (sync probably) to
some other machine, which reported in its logs "possible syn floods.
Sending cookies..." at port 113.
Any ideas what may've caused such behaviour and how to fix things without
rebooting machine?