Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 1998 18:21:04 -0700
From:      Sean Harding <sharding@gutenberg.uoregon.edu>
To:        Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@turkey.ispro.net.tr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UID?

On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, Evren Yurtesen wrote:

> maybe this is stupid question but how may I know
> which UID belonging to which user without looking in to
> the password file?

Why is it important to do it without looking in the passwd file? That's
definitely the best way if you need to do it for everyone.'id' will tell
you on a user by user basis (e.g. 'id 0').

Sean

--
Sean Harding sharding@oregon.uoregon.edu|"It's not a habit, it's cool.
http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~sharding/ | I feel alive."