Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 2004 00:09:06 -0500
From:      Eric Crist <ecrist@secure-computing.net>
To:        Li Davis <ibli@sbcglobal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Internet Access

--Apple-Mail-3--144537628

On Oct 21, 2004, at 11:58 PM, Li Davis wrote:

> Hi,
> I am switiching my OS over to FreeBSD.  Hopefully, that is.
>
> My DSL service with SBCYahoo said that they can't integrate with
> FreeBSD.  I have to find someone in the area I live that will work
> before my first 30 days is up with SBC, so I can cancel the one year
> contract without big $ penalties.
>
> It seems like it should work, from what is said about FreeBSD.  Could
> you please help me with this?  Thank you.

In what ways do they say it can't work?  Do you have an internal or
external DSL router? (I am assuming DSL.)  If you have an external DSL
router, I don't see any reason why your connection shouldn't work.

A little more information about how you connect would definitely help
answer your question.
-----
Eric F Crist
Secure Computing Networks