Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:59:34 -0600
From:      Drew Sanford <drew@planetwe.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mouse dies in X when large amounts of memory are active

On a FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE, running Afterstep 1.0 it appears that when I
get large amounts of memory active (upwards of 110 megs every time its
happened), the mouse (trackball actually, ps2, X setting is auto) will
lock up. Has anyone seen this? Is it a known problem that I've missed?
If so, does anyone have any recommendations on how to fix it?

uname -a:

FreeBSD leila.planetwe.com 4.0-STABLE FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE #1: Thu May 11
20:41:07 CDT 2000
steve@leila.planetwe.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/leila  i386

Machine is a Dell Poweredge 1300, dual PIII 500, 512 megs of ram, SCSI
hard drive.

--
Drew Sanford
Systems Administrator