Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:06:32 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?V=E1clav_Haisman?= <v.haisman@sh.cvut.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trying to support my product on BSD

--------------enigA1F9C4196C32919690338221

navneet Upadhyay wrote:
> Hi ,
>        My product is successfully running on Linux( all most all versio=
ns)
> and HP- UX and Windows .
>=20
>   *It is 100 % C++ code*.
Cool.

>=20
>  I am planning to support it on FreeBSD, i have two queries :
>=20
> 1. *How to build my code into binaries* on FreeBSD , i have my unix mak=
> files. Just to give an idea i have around 200 cpp files and they compli=
le to
> 5 binaries . I am using multithreading(posix on linux) and sockets heav=
ily.
FreeBSD's make is BSD make. If you need GNU make you will have to=20
install the devel/gmake port and use the gmake executable.

>=20
>=20
> 2.* How to package the binaries*(RPM sort of thing). Idea is to provide=
> package to user who can install them binaries using this package by iss=
uing
> single command.
I think that the easiest might be to create own local FreeBSD Ports=20
port. When you have a working port it is just a matter of saying make=20
package. See man ports and Porter's Handbook=20
<http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/>.

--
VH