Date:      04 Jan 2002 21:19:43 -0500
From:      "Brandon S. Allbery " KF8NH <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        "Brian T.Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>
Cc:        p00r0ne@digitz.org, John Gordon <john.gordon@windriver.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATI Mobility hell

On Fri, 2002-01-04 at 20:18, Brian T.Schellenberger wrote:
> If you use XFree86 4, you can't use xf86config, I don't think, but then again
> taking your file from Linux should have worked fine.  Indeed, that's what I
> did--got somebody else's Linux config and used it.
>
> What does *not* seem to work with the ATI drivers is to use X
> -configure--that locks me up, too.

Interesting; it works for me.

2@vpn85:20007 Z$ grep -i mobility /var/log/XFree86.0.log
(--) PCI:*(1:0:0) ATI Rage 128 Mobility LF rev 2, Mem @ 0xf8000000/26,
0xf4000000/14, I/O @ 0x2000/8
	ATI Rage 128 Mobility LE (PCI), ATI Rage 128 Mobility LF (AGP),
	ATI Rage 128 Mobility MF (AGP), ATI Rage 128 Mobility ML (AGP)
(--) Chipset ATI Rage 128 Mobility LF (AGP) found
(--) R128(0): Chipset: "ATI Rage 128 Mobility LF (AGP)" (ChipID =
0x4c46)

--
brandon s. allbery   [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]  allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu