Date:      Mon, 08 Feb 1999 16:02:01 +0100
From:      Peter Sturm <sturm@balvenie.uni-trier.de>
To:        jseger@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: xpm-3.4k

Hello,

sorry for my email, but my problem does not seem to
be discussed in the FreeBSD news list and i am sure
it is a simple 1 minute answer for you. I have installed
FreeBSD 3.0 and XFree86 3.3.3.1. Now i have
tried to install fvwm version 2.0.46 which requires a
libXpm.so.4.11? When installing xpm, "only" libXpm.so.4
is available. Both xpm and fvwm are downloaded
from a - hopefully consistent - "snapshot" of the
3.0-PACKAGES.

I have not tried to copy the *.4 lib to *.4.11 and to
rerun ranlib again (does this help?). Neither have i tried
to edit the dependencies in the fvwm package. But despite this,
it looks like a small inconsistency among dependencies?

Thank you for your help.

All the best,
Peter Sturm