Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 1995 10:28:41 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        nate@rocky.sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, nate@rocky.sri.MT.net, kelly@fsl.noaa.gov, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports startup scripts

> > An easy argument to make, with no administrative utilities present, but
> > not a valid one.
>
> Until decent administrative utilities are present, it will continue to
> be a requirement of a 'normal' user.  Don't put the cart before the
> horse.

The horse is a machine-administratable setup (which is what I'm arguing
for) that pulls the tool cart behind it.

If I write an administration tool that uses a particular layout, will
you modify the layout to conform to the tools needs?  That seems to be
the only argument that will make the layout the "cart" and the tools
the "horse".

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---