Date:      Sat, 27 May 2000 08:03:19 -0700
From:      "Donald and Rosalyn Fast" <d_rfast@telus.net>
To:        "R Joseph Wright" <rjoseph@mammalia.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Widespread panics on install of 4.0 -solved (at least partly)

Joseph,

When I bought the CPU, I had to install the fan. (Well I didn't - but they did not have
any heat conducting tape or compound between fan and CPU).  I have the CPU voltage set
correctly.  Maybe I should bump it up 0.1V.

Would a big package install of GNOME plus something like A... or Enlight... count (lots of ftp files, lots of depedencines getting
installed) as 'pushing it'?