Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 21:37:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Keith Simonsen <bangel@elite.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   advice on recovering data from messed up drive...

Hi,

Just thought I'd ask for advice on this:

I accidently ran the 'rawio' (/usr/ports/benchmarks/rawio) program on the
wrong drive, and it pretty much screwed up the whole drive. It's an 8gb
western digital, I am still fsck'ing it now. It's taken hours.

I'm wondering if anyone knows any utilities that may help me recover some
of my data, or help repair the drive, fsck is having a very tough time,
and I'm having to do it manually with fsck sometimes (i've pressed 'y'
about 2000 times). The system is totaly unusable, none of my kernel's will
boot, the boot loader doesn't even run correctly.

Thanks in advance for any advice...
Keith Simonsen