Date:      Sun, 13 Oct 1996 17:44:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "David E. O'Brien" <obrien@Nuxi.cs.ucdavis.edu>
To:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com (Andreas Klemm)
Cc:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert), freebsd-ports@freebsd.org (FreeBSD ports list)
Subject:   Re: is someone doing a mutt port ?! If not I will...

> > The port I made works pretty good for either.  There are patches to give
> > the non-USA residents the same functionality as the USA only version.
> > The patches are on one of Ollivier's web site.  The port would work much
> > better if the files were ftp'able (hint, hint :-)))).
>
> Don't understand what you mean ... I prepared a port based in Olliviers
> stuff (0.47.11) and it works very well...

I have a few issues with using Ollivier's stuff (0.47.11).  Namely, I'd
rather get the dist from the *Offical* dist site.  Because of my
stuboness in this, I have a port that works much like the PGP one.  And
is about as complicated too.   USA residents get mutt-0.47.tar.gz and
non-USA residents get mutt-0.47-export.tar.gz and 01.pgp.PATCH is
applied.  Then the rest of the patches are applied in both cases.

I have spent a lot of time getting this so that it would work for
everyone, and be easy to *update* on the next release that is fairly
stable.

Before I waste more time on this (since I am at the mercy of others to
get it committed after I submit it), lets decide which port will live.

> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--enable-pop --enable-random-sig --datadir=${PREFIX}/mutt
> 					# defining datadir still doesn't work

Why are you making a dir of /usr/local/mutt (in the default case)?  I
have stuff going to /usr/local/share/{doc/mutt,mime.types,Muttrc}.  I
worked with Michael early on so that configure would use 4.4BSD dir
structure on FreeBSD.

> .if ${USA_RESIDENT} == YES
> DISTNAME=       mutt-0.47
> MASTER_SITES=	ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pub/unix/mail/mutt/mutt-pgp/

PLEASE don't force me (a USA resident) to fetch from Germany.  Do you
have any idea how *extreamly slow* ftp's from Germany can be?

-- David    (obrien@nuxi.cs.ucdavis.edu)