Date:      Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:26:53 +0900
From:      Eitarou Kamo <e-kamo@trio.plala.or.jp>
To:        David Schultz <das@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Article on Sun's DTrace

Hi David,

David Schultz wrote:

>On Wed, Jul 07, 2004, Eitarou Kamo wrote:
>

>>FreeBSD has good features such as jail, chroot e.t.c. which can controll
>>

>Solaris 10 has these features, too, but I'm not sure what that has
>to do with DTrace.

If You use the feature with DTrace like tool, You can operate
it in parallel. This is just a idea. I know Sol10 has chroot or zfs
which behave like jail. What I'd like to say is that you need not
insist on just DTrace you can develop original one.

>The page referenced earlier in this thread pointed out that 6
>staff-years went into DTrace.  That's accurate, and we're not
>talking about part-time employees or people who don't know what
>they're doing.  The D compiler aside, this is not a small matter
>of programming that can just be ported to a new OS or machine
>architecture in a few months.

I think so. If you develop the DTrace like tool, you need the resources
at least
equivalent with DTrace team, I guess. If you do, your develop team will make
any action to get a resources.

--

***********************
	Eitarou Kamo

	Tel. +81 75 7035997
	Fax  +81 75 7035997
	VoIP   050 10585997(domestic only)
e-mail   e-kamo@trio.plala.or.jp

For business:
Feel free to mail me(above), please.

Donation   http://www.PayPal.Com

GPG FingerPrint:
032D FDF9 D27B 23F7 9A81 BF4C 626C FBAA BC3A 9895