Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 1999 16:43:21 +0200
From:      Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>
To:        "'lnb@cybertouch.org'" <lnb@cybertouch.org>, "'chat@freebsd.org'" <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: trying to figure out what to delete in /usr

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Lanny Baron [SMTP:lnb@cybertouch.org]
> Sent:	Friday, June 25, 1999 4:32 PM
> To:	questions@freebsd.org
> Subject:	trying to figure out what to delete in /usr
>
> Hi,
	[ML]  Hi.  I assume this is a troll.  Hence followups to -chat.
In the case this were a genuine question, please skip to the end, there
is some actually useful advisory information.

> Would someone please tell me what I can delete in /usr.
	[ML]  You can delete anything you want.  You can reformat the
whole disk, and put an axe to it.  You can do whatever you wish, it is
your machine--just don't do anything illegal, please.
>  I realize
> that is a strange question because you don't what I am running.
> However I don't think I need all that is there. Here is my /usr dir:
>
> freedom# ls
> X11R6   compat  include libdata local   ports   share   sup     var
> bin     games   lib     libexec mdec    sbin    src     tmp
	[ML]  Odd.  This looks just like my /usr.

> More importantly, how does one know or decide what he/she
> needs in /usr?
	[ML]  The same way one decides what he/she needs in life.  If
you don't know what it does, but it does not seem out of place, leave it
alone.  Only if you know what it does, and you know that you don't need
it may you remove it.

> Thanks for your help,
	[ML]  How can we honestly help you if you don't tell us what you
want to do?  You have just sent a null-info question, and you expect
meaningful answers?  There are things in /usr and below you may not
need, but how are we to tell?

	[ML]  /Marino