Date:      Sun, 4 Jul 1999 20:28:34 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        wilko@yedi.iaf.nl
Subject:   Re: Is the CD driver supposed to attach() now regardless of media?

In article <199906131005.MAA72055@yedi.iaf.nl> you write:
>As Andreas Braukmann wrote ...

>> The 3.1-release installation kernel wasn't able to attach
>> the yamaha drive to cd0.
>
>Maybe the Yamaha, being a CDRW drive does not report itself as a CD after
>boot/SCSI bus reset? Just guessing here..

I only saw this now so sorry for the late answer...

 My Yamaha 4416S reports itself as a CD, did so with firmware 1.0f and now
does with 1.0g.  If i try to mount a CD in it while its still reading the
TOC (which takes a while, left LED flashing green), the mount command just
waits until the LED stops flashing, then mounts it as it should be.  So if
sysinstall is simply using a `normal' mount it *should* not have any
problems?  this is on 3.2-stable.

 HTH,
--
Juergen Lock <nox.foo@jelal.kn-bremen.de>