Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 1999 19:18:53 -0500
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports INDEX

On Tue, Aug 24, 1999 at 04:12:49PM -0700, a little birdie told me
that Satoshi Asami remarked
> asami       1999/08/24 16:12:49 PDT
>
>   Modified files:
>   Log:
>   Now that Steve's back, we have 2,565 = 3 x 3 x 3 x 5 x 19 (whee, 5
>   factors, all odd numbers!  how odd!) ports.

Indeed an interesting number.
Note that the first 3 are 3, and can thus be removed.
We're left with 2 numbers, the first of which is 5, and the second of
which is 2 digits adding up to 10, so a number can be derived from its
(adjusted) position by a simple multiplication by 5.  This is, of course,
also obtainable by noting that there are 5 factors, so we adjust the list
to start with the first occurance of '5'...

Taking the unfactored number, we see the first digit is 2, followed by a
5, indicating that there are to be 2 '5' digits in the number, as well as
the closest larger (than 5) factor of 2, thus building the entire number
as well.

OK, so maybe my mind is a little mathematically tilted.  I'll go find my
pills now...

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net
Unix Systems Administrator      |    fullermd@futuresouth.com