Date:      Thu, 12 May 2005 23:11:59 +0100 (BST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Herv=E9_Kergourlay?= <herve.kergourlay@atempo.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Porting on FreeBSD 53

--0-1566304580-1115935919=:92075

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Herv=E9 Kergourlay wrote:

> 2) ACLs
>
> I'm using the API acl_get_file and family with success with ACL_TYPE_ACCE=
SS=20
> defined in /usr/include/sys/acl.h
>
> #define ACL_TYPE_ACCESS         0x00000000
> #define ACL_TYPE_DEFAULT        0x00000001
> #define ACL_TYPE_AFS            0x00000002
> #define ACL_TYPE_CODA           0x00000003
> #define ACL_TYPE_NTFS           0x00000004
> #define ACL_TYPE_NWFS           0x00000005
>
> but what about the other defines, specially ACL_TYPE_DEFAULT, are there=
=20
> used. I didn't find who in the documentation

ACL_TYPE_ACCESS and ACL_TYPE_DEFAULT are the only implemented types.  I=20
just removed the others from HEAD since they're unnecessary.  I'll merge=20
that change to RELENG_5_4.

> 3) Extended attributes
>
> are Acls part of these attributes or not ? do we have to backup theses=20
> attributes with the Acls ?

Access control lists are stored in system extended attributes.  From the=20
perspective of backup, you want to backup the ACLs, not the system=20
attributes.  There is reference code in BSD tar, and star is also able to=
=20
backup ACLs.

Robert N M Watson
--0-1566304580-1115935919=:92075--