Date:      Sun, 05 Jul 1998 12:41:59 +0200
From:      Stefan Eggers <seggers@semyam.dinoco.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>, Stefan Eggers <seggers@semyam.dinoco.de>
Subject:   Re: permission confusion at mount points

First off: Thanks to the people who responded.  I'll now sending in a
PR to get a small note into the BUGS section of mount(2) and mount(8)
to give others a chance to solve it a bit faster.

> For kicks, "cd /usr2; pwd". Bet it'll fail. Same for SGI's Irix 6.2.

Bash was irritating me at first (it internally stores the name of the
current working directory) but with sh it doesn't work.  Interesting.
:-)

> Use 755 permissions on your underlying mount point and put the problem
> out of your misery.

That's how I solved it.  It was just irritating.  To avoid this sort
of problems bothering others I think the man pages should mention it.
See above.

Stefan.
--
Stefan Eggers                 Lu4 yao2 zhi1 ma3 li4,
Max-Slevogt-Str. 1            ri4 jiu3 jian4 ren2 xin1.