Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 1999 07:29:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   LinuxThreads doesn't fdfree?

Is it just me, or at kern_exit.c:441, I notice that fd's are never freed? This
can cause problems (of course leaked memory) such as a socket remaining
open when a process exits! That can definitely lead to a panic. Now, can
someone evaluate all of the code Dick added around exit() and wait() (mach
dep too), and at least tell me if I'm right about this. fdfree() shouldn't
free fd in this case, but shouldn't we at least be decrementing the refcnt?

 Brian Feldman                _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___
 green@unixhelp.org                _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!      _ __ | _ \ _ \ |) |
         http://www.freebsd.org           _ |___)___/___/