Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 96 19:19 WET
From:      uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org (Frank Durda IV)
To:        ache@astral.msk.su
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   re: ATTENTION to CD driver authors (matcd, scd)

[0]I found that READTOCENTRYS ioctl completely broken in matcd/scd.
[0]I don't have enough time to fix them and not have those cards to test
[0]the fix.
[0]So, please fix them.
[0]As template you can look at mcd,wcd,cd drivers, here is correct
[0]implementation after my latest commit sequence.

Uh, would you mind saying what you think is wrong?  I spent a lot of
time on those ioctls in the matcd driver for 2.1.0, and made them:
(A)	EXACTLY match the output that the other drivers were
	generating (I checked several out since there were some
	disagreements between mcd, wcd, scd, and cd).  And,
(B)	EXACTLY match the output that xcdplayer was expecting. And,
(C)	EXACTLY match the output that cdplayer was expecting.

Now in the past few days I have noticed changes going through for cdplayer
and other drivers.  Are we redefining what is "correct"?   Is there
any particular reason, since these ioctls and the apps that used them
*were* working?

Frank Durda IV <uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org>|"The Knights who say "LETNi"
or uhclem%nemesis@rwsystr.nkn.net           | demand...  A SEGMENT REGISTER!!!"
	  ^------(this is the fastest route)|"A what?"
or ...letni!rwsys!nemesis!uhclem	    |"LETNi! LETNi! LETNi!"  - 1983