Date:      Fri, 22 May 1998 11:07:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Kevin G. Eliuk" <kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net>
To:        Chris Martino <chrismar@peanut.readington.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Yamaha OPL3 Sound

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Chris Martino wrote:

=> Hi,
=> I added what you suggested in my kernel and compiled, but now what?  At
=> startup I see:
=>
=> Probing for PnP devices:
=> CSN 1 Vendor ID: YMH0800 [0x0008a865] Serial 0xffffffff

Looks like you have the same card I have.

=> I tried booting the the -c option to get in teh config, but I didn't see
=> pnp0 or pcm0 in there?
=>

>From LINT:

# configure cards from USERCONFIG.  See pnp(4) for more info.
controller      pnp0
#device pcm0 at isa? port ? tty irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x0 vector pcmintr

Step 1:

# pnpinfo >/dev/lpt0

Step 2:

# man 4 pnp
(Also there is some good reading in /sys/i386/isa/sound/ that gives some
info on the possible settings for different cards.)

Step 3:

# shutdown -r now

Step 4:

At "boot:" go into userconfig and instead of visual type "?" and "ls"

(From memory)

I did something to the effect of:

pnp 1 0 enable os irq0 5 drq0 0 drq1 1<enter>
pnp 1 0 port0 0x220 port1 0x530 port2 0x330 port3 0x388 port4
0x370<enter>
ls<enter>

pnp 1 1 enable os port0 0x201<enter>
ls<enter>

Your ports and what not of course might be different, but you should be
able to get that info from the output of "pnpinfo".  When you exit you
should see in the boot output:

pcm0 ...

Step 5:

If it doesn't give the desired results check again the drq's on pcm0.

Hope this is more help:)

Kevin G. Eliuk